How should I prepare for a Microblading or Ombre Appointment?
The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing microblading procedure. Please read carefully:
Do NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE before the procedure (at least 24hrs for alcohol)
Do NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such a Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hrs prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
If you have recently tanned this will affect the outcome of the healed colour.
If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area has now more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to have the skin take the colour.
Avoid exercising the day of procedure as this will open up the pores.
It's always best to wash your hair prior to your appointment, as you will need to avoid water on your brows after the proceedure.
Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
No waxing, threading or tinting 3 days before
The following treatments should avoided within two weeks of the procedure:
Botox or other fillers
If you have any questions about these restrictions, please contact us! We are happy to help.
NUMBING CREAM INFORMATION
As we are not allowed to supply/administer numbing cream to you, you will need to purchase Emla or Numit (both are available at Chemist Warehouse, 10g size will be enough) and apply it prior to your appointment.
One hour before your tattoo appointment you should apply a generous amount of numbing cream to your brows and then cover it with glad wrap. Follow the instructions carefully. The glad wrap stops the cream from drying out. Arrive at your appointment with the glad wrap on.
A handy tip is to fold the glad wrap into a long strip and clip it to either side of your hair line to keep it in place.
If the numbing cream is not applied correctly it won't work.
You do not have to use any numbing cream, however we strongly recommend it to keep you as comfortable as possible.
All Procedures - No cleansers, makeup, swimming, spas, or direct water on the area until peeling has finished. When washing dab area with water, gently. It is absolutely necessary to keep applying the oil provided to keep the area moist. It will be 2-3 weeks before the true colour appears and becomes translucent.
For some clients it is perfect, others it may be too light, or patchy in some areas. If this is happening, you are able to apply makeup until your scheduled top up after 10 days of healing.
Permanent Eyebrows & Eyeliner- Apply oil supplied daily, best to always apply before showering
- Gently wash every evening to remove build up and any bacteria
- If the skin is itchy you are not applying enough oil.
- Some people, depending on metabolism will experience more exfoliation than others.
- Exfoliation is part of the healing process, do not worry.
- Exfoliation usually takes 4-6 days
- The colour underneath the brows will at this point appear to be much lighter in comparison to the skin which is coming off.
- The eyebrows will take 7-10 days to fully appear after the peeling has finished. At this point the colour will be lighter and more natural in appearance.
- Sunscreen is advised to protect the brows from fading.
- Avoid high intensity workouts and sweating profusely for 7-10 days.
Treat your new tattoo like an open wound (it is!) - do not touch it or pick at it.
- Immediately after the treatment lips will be slightly swollen and tender and colour will appear much darker than the one chosen during the consultation.
- Apply the Bepanthen cream constantly to keep the lips moist. The cream will help with soreness as well as holding the colour in.
If you do not apply enough cream the lips begin to tighten and pigmentation will come out.
- Please do not pick – they will exfoliate on their own.
- No hot drinks or spicy foods for the first day, no lipstick, kissing or direct water for the first few days.
- The lips will exfoliate quickly after 3-4 days.
- Full lip treatments do take longer, usually a week before the swelling and flaking has finished.
- Please do not be worried if you lose colour as you can lose up to 80% the first time.
If you have ever had a cold sore, even only one in your life, you will more than likely breakout. This is caused by stress on the lips.
Precautions that may be taken one-week prior to treatment are:
- Lysine tablets or Famvir Tablets from the Chemist
- Zovirex Cream
- Doctor’s Prescription of anti-viral medication
*The above are only precautions and cannot guarantee you will not breakout as the Herpes virus is always present in your system.